Monday 18 February 2013

Kandi Buress Releases Gospel Track

Kandi Burruss seemed to ruffle up
the feathers of some Bible-
thumpers and gospel music fans
this weekend after she debuted
her new single, “Stay Prayed Up”
on last night’s episode of Real
Housewives Of Atlanta.    She
snagged gospel great Marvin Sapp
for the inspirational track where
she sings the lyrics:

"I stay prayed up, that gets
me by, That’s how I made
it through my darkest
times. Yeah, I’m a sinner
and that’s no lie, Thank
God my prayers are heard
because he knows I try"

Although the song shot straight to
Number 1 on the Itunes Gospel
charts after the show, it has
received tons of criticism from
people who lead perfect lives
(sarcasm)…who feel as though
Kandi is the last person who
should be singing a gospel record
since she has a very popular sex
toy line and openly talks about
sex during her weekly web stream
segment Kandi Koated Nights.

Kandi took to her Facebook to
address the criticism and posted:
I knew when I decided to
do it that I would be
criticized. That’s to be
expected. I’m a single
mom that had a child out
of wedlock, I speak openly
about sex on
#KandiKoatedNights, I
have #BedroomKandi,
etc… I’m very honest
about who I am. My great
grand father & my
grandfather were Bishops
in The Church of God
Holiness. I believe in God
but I have always
struggled with the rules of
the church just like a lot
of people. The song “Stay
Prayed Up” is like a
testimony for me.
Hopefully people with a
similar struggle can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment